Delhi - NCR, Viewed [ 1149 ] , Rating :
Deepak Mandal, Star Live 24
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Published On: 17:34:53 PM

New Delhi/Deepak Mandal : Most people waste time waiting for the doctor to arrive in a situation of Cardiac arrest.Cardiac arrest is a condition when the heart has stopped functioning, but the brain is still alive.

In this situation, every minute matters. With each passing minute, 10% chances of revival get lost. “If the revival process is started within one minute of sudden death, the chances of revival are 90%” said Padma Shri Awardee, Dr K K Aggarwal, President, Heart Care Foundation of India and Honorary Secretary General of IMA. He was conducting a training workshop on CPR for Delhi PCR Van Staff.

The workshop is being conducted by Heart Care Foundation of India jointly with Indian Medical Association, Delhi Red Cross Society and Delhi Police with an aim of training 100 percent PCR Staff by 14th August.

Dr K K Aggarwal said “Every second counts. If you find no evidence of breathing, make the person lie down flat on his back on a hard surface and compress the centre of the chest with your hands by 1-2 inches for the next at least 10 minutes with a speed of 100 compressoins per minute” until the person gets revived.

The public must remember that to do a CPR, you need not be certified as a qualified CPR provider. “As a PCR Van can reach the spot within a few minutes, they have the best chances of saving a life using CPR 10 techniques”, said Padma Shri Awardee, Dr A Marthanda Pilliai, National President, IMA.

In her message, Padma Shri Awardee, Ms. Geeta Chandran, renowned Bharatanatyam Dancer, said “Everybody should learn and be aware of the technique of CPR. You never know whose life you are going to save”.

Other Videos

 Comment Note: By posting your comments in our website means you agree to the terms and conditions of